When we generally talk about email clients, we can’t underestimate the presence of Outlook. It is one of the most preferred email clients used by individuals, organizations, businesses, or enterprises. Outlook is widely used on Windows as well as Mac OS capable of sending and receiving emails over the web. It is generally used to store emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, meetings, and various information available to you.
Outlook stores the data in Personal Storage Table format i.e, PST. It is an open-source file format that widely supports emails, tasks, contacts, calendars, and various mailbox items. Data in PST formats are stored systematically and files in PST are widely compatible with other services. PST files are integrated with smart privacy and security features and provide advanced customizable options. It can easily be managed and shared from one system to another system.
Outlook is considered one of the leading email clients that easily handles a large number of emails in a day. This situation often arises when the size of the PST file increases beyond the limit permitted by each Outlook version. Then it becomes necessary to split large PST file into small PST at regular intervals to prevent data corruption. But the question arises, how to split Outlook PST file. Before moving to the solution, let’s take a look at various reasons to divide the PST file into smaller ones.
Reasons to Split Large Outlook PST Files on Mac
A large number of emails are sent or received over Outlook due to which the size of PST files grows steadily. Increasing PST file size results in full storage capacity and provokes performance issues in Outlook on Mac. It is a very difficult task to manage large PST files as it slows down the performance of Outlook. So, split large PST file is only an option left to manage those large files and prevent the arising issue.
There are multiple reasons listed below divide PST file on Mac,
- To prevent the data/PST files from corruption.
- Oversized PST files create a problem in sending and receiving emails.
- Dividing oversized PST into smaller files improves the searching process in Outlook.
- Smaller file results in overcoming the hanging problem and enhancing the workflow.
- Make the Outlook PST file usable, when it becomes inaccessible due to large data.
Above we have discussed certain reasons to split oversized Outlook PST files on Mac. Now we are going to discuss some useful methods to split large PST file and avoid the occurring issue.
Split Outlook PST File Manually on Mac
There are multiple inconclusive solutions introduced over the web that claim to arrange huge PST files by dividing them. So, they are not safe and secure at all to deal with your valuable data. It results in data alteration and might completely lose your important files. In this section, we are going to explore the manual process through which users can sort larger PST files on Mac.
Let’s perform the given below steps accordingly to meet the desired outcome,
- Firstly, Open Outlook on your Mac system.
- Click on the File menu and select New > Folder to create a new folder.
- Select the PST file and choose the mailbox items to split large PST file.
- Divide PST file by selecting files From Inbox, Contact, Calendar, Sent folder.
- Right-click on the selected mailbox items then select Move from the list.
- Click on the newly created folder to move selected PST files.
Hope you have understood how to split a PST file into smaller parts on Mac with the above-introduced steps. The manual procedure allows the users to sort out limited PST files at a time. They must have sound technical knowledge before performing the steps to prevent any data loss. After discussing the manual technique, now move towards some limitations of this approach.
Limitations of Manual Method to Split Large PST File
Break PST into smaller files with this stated technique is not considered to be an accurate solution. It is not a quick and effective approach to perform the splitting of big Mac PST files. Users must require some prior technical knowledge to perform the steps correctly.
Some of the major problems that users have to deal with while proceeding with the manual technique are,
- Data can be damaged or lost if any steps are not performed accordingly.
- Users can not preview the PST files while selecting the files for splitting.
- Does not provide an option to split PST file attachments separately.
- It is a very time-consuming and lengthy process to break PST into smaller files.
- Users have to select the files one by one to split large PST file according to date, size, and sender.
The manual procedure is very complicated and not suitable to get the optimum result. To avoid such types of hindrance, most of the users switch to an automated solution. PST Splitter Tool for Mac is the advanced solution recommended by many professionals and users to split big PST files. The professional approach saves a lot of time and helps the users to overcome the lengthy manual process. It can easily split Outlook PST file in bulk and prevent users from the threat of data loss.
In the above article, we have discussed the need to split large PST file on Mac. Considering the reasons, we have also explored the manual procedure to divide large PST files with its limitations. It is not a feasible solution to deal with when it comes to non-professional users and bulk splitting. Users are suggested to go with an automated and professional solution to remove such obstacles. It takes less time and results in a smooth splitting process with high data accuracy.