The AOL mail is the one-stop solution for all your mail-related work. This software has been there for quite a long time and everyone knows its features as well as its flaws.
But everyone does not know how to resolve the errors. Sometimes AOL is not responding at all. This is the scenario that can be caused due to multiple reasons. Although many people will know about the reasons, they won’t know how to resolve the issue.
In that case, most of the users will be able to resolve it by following the troubleshooting steps.
But Before That Let us Know What are the Causes of the AOL Not Working
There are various causes in the AOL mail account and thus it is very important to understand all the reasons that can have an impact on the functioning of the email account:
Poor Internet Connection
There is a poor or slow internet connection which is why you might have been facing this issue and canopy use the AOL email.
If there are any AOL sign-in issues that usually occur due to the lost or forgotten password. There are such cases, it is going to help.
The AOL server Downtime is one of the main reasons which can cause an issue with the functioning of the AOL email service Platform.
The browser issue can also include AOL email issues.
Issues with the Third-Party Email Client Configuration
The improper configuration is also going to result in the Issue of the AOL email. If you see that AOL is not working on Outlook, Gmail, or any other third-party email client, then keep a strict watch on the configuration settings.
Clear the Cache and the Cookies
One of the most effective ways to resolve the issue is by clearing the caches and the cookies from the operating system. You will find various cleaners online that will help you to clear the cookies and cache.
They are also going to deliver differently when it comes to identifying the missing or corrupted registry files as well as the duplicates. What you can do is start scanning the process after getting the results and the choice of which of the following elements need to be removed.
Restart The PC
Although it might seem like a small issue this method has proven to be very useful. Restarting the PC can save various issues of the AOL page that are not responsive. You can follow the steps which have been mentioned below:
- Make sure that you press the start button from the taskbar.
- After that, get your mouse to the power button.
- Then choose the restart option from the options available.
Reset the Wi-Fi Connection
When an AOL page is not loading then it can simply mean that there is a poor Wi-Fi connection or no Wi-Fi connection at all. When you restart the modem or the router, it is going to reset the data packages that have been sent through the router.
Thus it is going to allow the connection to be refreshed. It is also recommended that you use the reset button but if you cannot find it or you are not able to access it, then you can pull the power cable out of the router and then wait for at least 15-30 seconds.
After that plug, it back in and see whether you are still facing the AOL not responding issue or not. If you are, then you try the next step.
Inspect Your Browser
In most cases when you see if there is an issue with the AOL webpage when it is not being updated in the outdated browser. What you need to do is to update the browser in order to resolve the issue.
The process of updating the browser is going to vary from one software to another. There are different steps involved in different browsers. If you see the process is complicated, and you are looking to resolve the issue faster.
It is also recommended that you change the browser to a more capable option.
Disable the Anti-Virus
This is also one of the effective steps that can help you resolve the issue of AOL not responding. There are times that a program might be restricting the emails full of spam to open.
AOL Not working on Android
If you are not able to use AOL on your Android device, then you can easily fix this issue by using the steps that have been mentioned below:
- The first thing that you need to do is to open the AOL mail on the Android device and then enter the login credentials and then open the incoming and outgoing settings.
- After that select the manual setup option
- Then click on the IMAP account settings option in order to enter the required data. After that enter imap.aol.com and in the port field type 143.
- Then you need to next and then go to the SMTP preferences.
- Enter stmp.AOL.com in the SMTP server option. Then enter 587 in the port field.
- After that save the AOL mail configuration and then close the application.
- Check whether you are able to resolve the issue or not.
AOL Account is Not Receiving Emails
- Make sure that you check all the filter settings of the AOL email account and then check if the mails that you are receiving are going to any other folder other than AOL.
- Also, check all the filters and try to disable them at once.
- Make sure to check the trash and the spam folder on the AOL email account and then see if the emails that you are looking for are there or not.
- Also, ensure that there is no traffic on the network and if everything is right with the email server or not.
- Reboot the device and then see if you can receive the mails of not
If you are not able to resolve the issues, then you do not panic. You can get in touch with our Emails Helpline experts and they will provide you with the best solution for AOL not responding.