Many users are asking – how to find deleted files on computer? and how to restore a deleted file? So those users will get the answer from this blog. In this blog, we will understand some common reasons to recover lost or deleted files. Furthermore, we will discuss many methods and their steps to retrieve deleted files in Windows 10. Also, we will use Sysinfo Windows Data Recovery in the last method.
There is a chance to recover deleted files from Recycle Bin if the files are deleted by just pressing the Del key. But if the files are deleted by pressing the combination Shift + Del then direct recovery is impossible. So you can follow the given methods in this blog to recover data from an external hard drive or internal hard drive easily. But before discussing the methods let’s know some causes to recover permanently deleted files in Windows 10.
Common Causes to Recover Lost or Deleted Files
Here are some of the most common causes of Windows data loss.
- There are hard drive errors and crashes.
- Virus infections, malware attacks, etc., can lead to the deletion of files.
- No recent backup was made before the system was formatted.
- Not checking the files in the Recycle Bin before emptying it.
- When the combination keys Shift + Del are pressed, file deletion is permanent.
So these were some reasons to recover recently deleted files Windows 10. Fortunately, there are multiple ways to retrieve deleted files in Windows 10, and we will explain them all in this blog. Let’s start discussing the first approach to recovering deleted files.
Method 1: Recover Permanently Deleted Files Windows 10 Using CMD
Follow the below steps to retrieve deleted files on the PC. Let’s move towards knowing the method.
- Firstly, Open the Start menu.
- Then type cmd on the search bar, and right-click on the cmd, select Run as administrator.
- Now type the command chkdsk X: /f on cmd and click Enter button on the keyboard. Replace X with your drive letter.
- Lastly, type ATTRIB -H -R -S /S /D X:*.* again and hit Enter. Replace X with your hard-drive letter.
Note: It may take some time to complete the recovery process. So be patient and wait.
So this was a method in which we used a system utility command prompt to restore deleted files in Window. Next, let’s understand another procedure to recover recently deleted files Windows 10.
Method 2: Recover Accidentally Deleted File from an Older Backup
We will use this method to backup and restore the accidentally deleted files. Let’s know the steps to retrieve deleted files in Windows 10.
- Firstly, run the Start menu.
- Then, Search backup on the search bar and click Enter.
- Next, choose the Go to Backup and Restore option in Looking for an older backup?
- Now, select the Select another backup to restore files from option and choose your backup.
- Then, click Next and follow the instructions to complete the process.
So these were some steps that help us to recover accidentally deleted files. Let’s move on to the next method.
Method 3: Retrieve Deleted Files in Windows 10 from System Restore Point
Let’s restore deleted files from the restore point using the following steps.
- Firstly, run the Start menu, type create a restore point on the search bar, and hit Enter button.
- Next, click on System Restore.
- Choose a system restore point and select Next.
- Then Confirm your restore point and click Finish.
- Now your computer will automatically restart, and Windows will apply the changes.
These were some steps to restore deleted files in Window. But it may have some limitations. Let’s know them.
Some Limitations of Manual Methods
Manual methods are good, but there are some limitations to these methods. Let’s know them.
- This technique does not work on earlier versions of Windows OS.
- There is a chance of human error because you have to run different commands in cmd.
- It is also possible that the recovery results are incomplete or corrupted.
- It may be tricky for non-technical users.
So we have discussed the limitation. Now let’s talk about the professional solution in the next method to Retrieve Deleted Files in Windows 10.
Method 4: Recover Deleted Files Using Third-party Utility
If your files are not recovered using the above methods, then you need an expert data recovery solution. Sysinfo Windows Data Recovery is the most suitable utility to recover data from an external hard drive. This utility repair all Windows data corruption errors and recover data from corrupt, damaged, or inaccessible drives. Lost documents, email files, photos, videos, and more also recover using this utility. Furthermore, It can retrieve the maximum possible data from corrupt internal or external hard drives.
A variety of factors can lead to the loss of data on an external hard drive. You can take specific measures to protect your data, such as maintaining multiple backups or installing an antivirus, but data loss can still occur. The user’s query – how to recover permanently deleted files from pc was also solved. So you can use the methods mentioned in this article in such situations. But I suggest the professional way because it is an easy and risk-free process.