Many people are fond of dermal fillers. They are becoming increasingly popular these days because of their capacity to reduce signs of aging, restore volume, and enhance facial contour. And unbelievably, this happens in just a few days, but not in months.
It’s not a brag, but the truth. The global dermal fillers market is going to size up, reaching USD 12.2 billion by 2030 as per predictions, while registering a CAGR of 8.7%, a report states. Apart from that, this non-invasive treatment is absolutely safe and effective.
What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are also called soft tissue fillers. In cosmetic science, these are known as injectables for enhancing facial features like straightening a crooked nose and adding volume to the apples of the cheeks. In addition, these are all specifically designed to soften wrinkles.
Typically, many of these injectables are made from natural and a few are from synthetic ingredients. Overall, its ingredients help restore volume and iron out visible lines on your face, including lips, cheeks, nasolabial folds, and under-eye areas.
Effectiveness of Dermal Fillers
- Instant Gratification – Who doesn’t want to have an immediate and noticeable difference? These fillers fulfill this dream. Other treatments like resurFX and HIFU facial take weeks to smooth out wrinkles. With dermal fillers, you don’t have to wait too long. You can see an immediate lift in your skin right after a single dermal filler treatment.
- Customizable – There are different types of fillers available, which help in customizing facial treatments. Sometimes, these can be used with Botox or other cosmetic procedures to make a thoughtful difference. Only skilled and experienced dermal fillers specialists can tailor these treatments in accordance with your specific requirements so that you can achieve desirable results without looking overdone.
- Versatile – These fillers are actually versatile, as they can help in addressing various skin conditions together with aging signs. In particular, you can have plumper lips, a straight bridge of your nose, and facial volume. In short, they can completely rejuvenate your skin tone and texture.
- Minimal Downtime – It takes a few hours to return home and relax or do whatever you want upon this procedure. This is because of minimal downtime. So, most people can straightaway continue their routine tasks after the procedure.
How Long Do Dermal Fillers Last?
The effect of dermal fillers can vary, which has several factors behind:
- Type of Filler – The very first factor is its type, as these injectables are available in variations. These can be hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers and collagen-stimulating fillers. Considering HA fillers, these lift the skin temporarily for 6 months to 2 years. On the other hand, collagen-stimulating fillers keep your skin plumper for up to 2 years or more.
- Metabolism – The process of synthesizing food and releasing energy is called metabolism. It differs from person to person. When injected, these gel-like substances break down in the body as your metabolism allows and absorbs these ingredients. Some patients’ metabolism is super active, which breaks down fillers’ molecules faster than others.
- Treatment Area – The longevity of these injectables also depends on the movement of the muscles in the treatment area. For example, lips tend to break down filler molecules faster because of the frequent movement of your mouth while talking, eating, drinking, or expressing. So, you need more frequent touch-ups to keep looking rejuvenated.
- Maintenance – Touch-ups are must-haves if you want to continue looking revived and youthful. These follow-up procedures influence how long the results last.
- Safety of Dermal Fillers – It is necessary to have safe cosmetic treatments because treating skin is a sensitive matter. So, you need to consider it seriously if you want to have fillers to look younger. Also, the practitioner must be professional, qualified, and experienced. These points will help you discover what points should be considered to ensure that this treatment is no threat to your skin.
- FDA Approval – Always remember that dermal fillers are related to aesthetic science. The authorities like the FDA are there to examine and approve that the treatment is safe. Do check if it’s approved or not by these authorities.
- Qualified Practitioners – The qualification of the practitioner also matters. You should choose the one who is a qualified and trained medical professional and capable of administering this treatment. Being so reduces the chances of facing complications and side effects.
- Allergic Reactions – However, allergic reactions are rarely seen after this anti-aging treatment. This is simply because the ingredients that have been involved in their configuration involve HA, which our body itself produces. So, the chances of any allergic reactions are low. But, it’s not absolutely risk-free.
- Temporary Side Effects – Fortunately, there are no severe side effects associated with these injectables. But, some temporary side effects like swelling, redness, bruises, and tenderness at the injection area are common. The good thing is that these effects subside within one or two days.
- Long-Term Complications – In some rare cases of highly sensitive people, serious complications are seen. These can be infection, vascular occlusion, etc. These problems may happen because of improper aftercare and ignoring post-treatment instructions suggested by the skin specialist. Also, an unprofessional doctor can make mistakes. So, consider this aspect also.
- Choosing the Right Filler – Doctors select the filler after diagnosing your skin condition. There are some cases wherein patients hide their medical history and allergies, which end up in severe side effects. So, always disclose your medical history and concerns.
Minimizing Risks and Maximizing Benefits
If you want to feel safe and your treatment is successful, these tips can help you a lot:
- Research – Don’t follow the crowd. Take your time in reaching out to the certified practitioner. Discover his/her qualifications and patients’ testimonials or reviews. If possible, talk to the patient who has been treated by him/ her. Choose the one with extensive experience in dermal filler injections.
- Consultation – Book an appointment with the doctor that you have selected for this procedure. Talk and disclose what you expect or any concerns you may have. The skilled practitioner will discuss everything prior and also, check your facial condition before recommending this treatment. Smart therapists always disclose pre- and post-treatment medical conditions and results during consultation. Also, they never hide anything.
- Ask Questions – Consultation is the time when you can open up and ask questions about your desires, realistic outcome, type of fillers being used, potential threats, or side effects, downtime, skincare before and after the procedure, etc. Simply put, stay ready with your burning questions related to it.
Follow Aftercare Instructions
Once you’re done with the procedure, which is not the end. You have to follow aftercare guidelines. You should religiously follow them, such as applying prescribed sunscreen when going out, cleaning the skin with the suggested face wash, and more. With these, you can minimize any kind of bad or negative effect on your face. Also, the results will be optimal.
Dermal fillers have started the era of revolutionary non-invasive cosmetic procedures, wherein injectables are tried–and–tested beforehand to ensure safety. These are the effective way to enhance one’s appearance and reduce the signs of aging. When a qualified professional administers it, dermal fillers can provide instant results with minimal downtime. So, select your cosmetic professional wisely.
As far as the longevity of results is concerned, they can vary. Possibly, temporary side effects may occur. The safety record of dermal fillers is generally favorable. So, it’s essential to prioritize safety by selecting experienced practitioners, understanding the potential risks, and following proper aftercare.